T3D Re: Computer graphics 3D projection methods...

  • From: Jim Crowell <crowell.20@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: T3D Re: Computer graphics 3D projection methods...
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 06:18:45 -0700

>Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 07:49:38 -0000
>From: "gl@xxxxxxxx" <gl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: <tech-3d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: T3D Fw: Computer graphics 3D projection methods...

[snip]

>I've now got two options - use two second-hand LCD data projectors, or two
>CRT based graphics-grade projectors, polarising each of their outputs and
>overlapping their images (although if anyone has a second-hand VREX for sale
>let me know).

CRTs tend to be brighter, but all the ones I've seen have the big
disadvantage that the screen geometry is variable, i.e. they have
controls for adjusting things like image size & pincushion
distortion.  The better ones even have separate controls for each of
the three primaries.  I would think this would make using two of them
for stereo a real pain, as you'd have to match the geometries...

-Jim C.

-------------------------------------
Jim Crowell
Dept. of Psychology