T3D Re: RGB LEDs

>GL:
>
>    You recently asked:
>
>> Speaking of LEDs, has anyone ever come across a three colour 'white'
>> led, ie. with separately variable red, green and blue inputs?
>
>    That got me curious, so I did a search on RGB LEDs and found this
>    interesting page:
>
>http://www.ledtronics.com/ds/5&8mm_full_spectrum_RGB_LEDs/80b/80b.htm

Hmmm - I wonder how they figure they can generate 256 colors? Although you
can vary the brightness of LEDs *some*, I wouldn't think it would be
enough to qualify for 256...

              Bob Wier
     mailto:wier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   4:12 PM Sunday, December 5, 1999
        Unix/Internet Administrator
   Rocky Mountain College, Billings MT.
 keeper of the Photo-3d and Overland-Trails
mailing lists and the USA GPS Waypoint server