T3D stereo x-rays of sea shells, dup. post to photo 3d

  • From: Peter Abrahams <telscope@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: T3D stereo x-rays of sea shells, dup. post to photo 3d
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 20:48:05 -0700

(cross-posted to photo 3d)
Thanks to John Dennis (radiograph to 35mm) & Shab Levy (35mm to e-file), I
have my stereo radiographs of sea shells as image files, posted to the web.
  These are gorgeous images, I am astonished at how well contrast & detail
were retained in the conversions.  Since I am a complete neophyte at image
processing, these images are too large to display on my small screen & are
used to illustrate my essay on the subject,
http://www.europa.com/~telscope/xrayshel.txt

Six left & right images for 3 shells are listed below.  One is a stereo
pair, in parallel format, of the Busycon.  These are large files, 70-90kb.
These images are available for anyone to use for non profit purposes,
provided attribution is given.  If images are processed to create an
integral pair, or if an image is created of smaller size, that is viewable
on a small screen, please e-mail a copy so it can be posted on this site.

1.  Tonna Sulcosa
http://www.europa.com/~telscope/tonnal.jpg   left side
http://www.europa.com/~telscope/tonnar.jpg   right side

2.  Busycon Canalicutum
http://www.europa.com/~telscope/busycnPr.jpg   The L & R pair, 100 kb.
http://www.europa.com/~telscope/busyconl.jpg   left side
http://www.europa.com/~telscope/busyconr.jpg   right side

3.  Epitonium Scalare (Precious Wentletrap)
http://www.europa.com/~telscope/epitonml.jpg   left side
http://www.europa.com/~telscope/epitonmr.jpg   right side

Peter Abrahams   telscope@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.europa.com/~telscope/binotele.htm