T3D Re: Stereo Multiplexer

  • From: Robert Cruickshank <robcruic@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: T3D Re: Stereo Multiplexer
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 03:55:49 -0700

Unfortunately, "inexpensive" and "genlockable" don't usually go
hand-in-hand. I work in a TV station, and have access to all kinds of
stuff that I could never afford to buy, but not everyone is so lucky.
If you live in a big city, there may be a dealer of second-hand broadcast
equipment. Sometimes you can find old 3-tube cameras that still produce
excellent pictures, and are relatively affordable. Be aware that a new set
of tubes will set you back more than the cost of the camera, *if* you can
get them. And setting up tube cameras so that they match is not a trivial
task. I would say your best bet is to rent. While not cheap,
(broadcast-quality cameras can set you back several hundred bucks a day)
you can get new, well adjusted gear, and you can try different cameras.
Some of the little "lipstick cams" would be a good choice for stereo.

Rob Cruickshank      Toronto, Canada
www.interlog.com/~robcruic