[tech-3d] An interesting technique.

  • From: lunazzi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [tech-3d] An interesting technique.
  • Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 17:42:31 -0000

A kind of optical radar was divulgated by BBC (London):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/tw/items/001115_3dscanner.shtml

Although in the web sequence I am not certain where this registering
technique is being employed, it seems to me that it could be
implemented in the future, because diode lasers and microcircuits are
developing very fast.

It would not be dificult to extract many diferent stereo pairs from
the complete 3D information. But I am certain that precision would not
be the same than with real estereoscopic pictures (no technical data
seems to be available).

José

lunazzi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

eLerts