Re: [tech-3d] An interesting technique.

  • From: Peter Homer <P.J.Homer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [tech-3d] An interesting technique.
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 10:14:24 +0000

>A kind of optical radar was divulgated by BBC (London):
>
>http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/tw/items/001115_3dscanner.shtml
>
>Although in the web sequence I am not certain where this registering
>technique is being employed, it seems to me that it could be
>implemented in the future, because diode lasers and microcircuits are
>developing very fast.
>
>It would not be dificult to extract many diferent stereo pairs from
>the complete 3D information. But I am certain that precision would not
>be the same than with real estereoscopic pictures (no technical data
>seems to be available).
>
>José
>
>lunazzi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is related to the BBC tomorrows world programme I think it was featured this Wednesday on the programme but I had the sound turned down because I was on the phone. There was a repeated programme about 2 ocklock the following morning which I videoed and watched last night but it turned out to be last weeks programme. I will try to make shure I record the programme when it is repeated next Thursday morning. The device was placed centraly in a room and scanned in all directions producing a computer type 3D image but the finished product seemed to be easily be rotated to give different views so stereo pairs should be possible. P.J.Homer

eGroups eLerts