Re: [tech-3d] Digest Number 36

  • From: "Don Lopp" <dlopp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [tech-3d] Digest Number 36
  • Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 22:39:19 -0800

To Mike Davis reguarding stereo base- or 20 plus years I have been using a
simple way of figuring out the stereo base for taking hyper scenics. For a
135 mm lens I figure that the base of one foot gives me stereo depth of 135
feet to infinity or five times 135  gives me a stereo depth  of 675 feet to
infinity. For a 75 mm lens , I figure a one foot base gives me  a stereo
depth of from  75 feet to infinity. For a 100 mm lens, a one foot base gives
me a stereo depth of 100 feet to infinity and so on. For a 100 mm lens I
figure that infinity is any thing past 3,000 feet, or 30 times the near
point. I dont try to maximize the stereo effect in my pictues as some of  my
best ones have a deviation of less than one mm. My mental state because of
my use of methadone and morphine is such that I can not handle any thing
very complicated and it has been some 6 months since I have been able to
take any serious scenics-may be next year ? DON