Re: [tech-3d] Digest Number 44

  • From: "Don Lopp" <dlopp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [tech-3d] Digest Number 44
  • Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 12:58:55 -0800

Mike- Foregroundverticles cause a problem ewhen they are near the centeral
area  because they become very prominant where as when they are on the
periphery they are not as noticeable and can have a deviation of as much as
2 plus mm but when the verticles are in the centeral area I find that a
deviation of more than 1.5 mm is troubling for me. I have seen so so stereo
pictures of Yosemite which had extreme deviation which added to the stereo
depth but in my opinion did not make for a " good " stereo picture. I
beleive that  poor pictures  are not improved by doing them in stereo- they
are still mediocre pictures with or without stereo. Recently I heard of
shooting stereo with 4x5 cameras which would increase the sharpness but at
the same time would raise the problem of how do you view them-certainly not
in a ortho way unless one is using telephoto lenses which really restricts
the subjects available which  would really restrict me from taking some of
my favorite subjects- I consider 6x7  the perfect option, consistant with a
decent viewer which as of today one must build himself as the commercial
viewers are of mediocre quality as compared with what can be home built.
DON.