[tech-3d] shutter glasses / 3d video workstation

  • From: boris@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [tech-3d] shutter glasses / 3d video workstation
  • Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 00:08:05 -0500

While we're on the subject of shutter glasses...

This list has seen discussion of shutter glasses for use with frame
alternate / interlaced NTSC video, and for use with digital stills on a
computer.  But what about digital video (and HD video)?

If you want to build yourself a system to take and edit 3d video, and to
demonstrate same on the editing workstation itself, what system components
are needed?  Please make recommendations off list if they become too
technical!

I picture twin DV cams (frame mode capable) for taking the video, twin
processor Pentium with video capture card + editing software, humongous
hard drive array, high refresh rate video display card, shutter glass
system (ideally a shutter screen, where audience of several persons can use
simple polarized glasses), etc.  DVD-RAM drive for cutting demo disks...

I've not even dealt with plain old DV yet, and am fantasizing about jumping
right in with BOTH eyes!  Does anyone on list do this stuff, and are you
willing to share your secrets?

Boris

P.S. although a Mac devotee, I have a sneaking suspicion that with shutter
glasses involved, I am better off with a Pentium box...

Boris Starosta, stereoscopist         boris@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Dynamic Symmetry, LLC                 http://www.starosta.com
usa - 804 979 3930                    http://www.starosta.com/3dshowcase

Currently showing at The Observatory. Info: ...3dshowcase/technobot.html

eGroups eLerts