R: [tech-3d] Digest Number 54

  • From: "sergio baldissara" <winter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: R: [tech-3d] Digest Number 54
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 11:57:17 +0100

nice tip!!!
I'll try with small solid ojects and an epicope. of course I'll make you
now.
Thank you!
Sergio

Message: 1
   Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 19:22:59 -0200
   From: lunazzi <lunazzi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Re: holographic 3d

sergio baldissara wrote:

> I have some Fresnel lenses, and Edmund Sci. sells a big choice for
> cheap... I'm tempted to do some experiments, but I don't know where
> to start from... I need some tips (drawings, calculations)... can I
> find them anywhere in the www?

I do not know where you can find that on the www, but you can perform the
projection on the Fresnel lens by using the largest aperture on the
projecting
objective. The angular convergence of the beam exiting from the objective
(not a
single lens or a doublete) to a focused image point on the Fresnel screen
will
render the angular field of view for the observer.  It must be enough to
allow
the two eyes of the observer within it, otherwise you do not get 3D.
I had very good results in that way. If you try by using projecting mirrors
(I
believe it may render the maximum field of view), I will be glad to know
about
the results.  Good mirrors can be expensive and ordinary circular mirrors
limitates the field available at the object.

José

--
Prof. José J. Lunazzi
Universidade Estadual de Campinas - UNICAMP - Instituto de Física