Re: [tech-3d] fresnels & episcopes

  • From: Peter Homer <P.J.Homer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [tech-3d] fresnels & episcopes
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 10:43:26 +0000

>--- In tech-3d@xxxxxxxxxxx, "sergio baldissara" <winter@xxxx> wrote:
>> nice tip!!!
>> I'll try with small solid objects and an episcope. of course I'll
>> make you know.
>Done it... it didn't work (Josè Lunazzi already warned me off-list,
>and he was right). I should have imagined it would behave like
>fresnel screens of reflex cameras...
>Sergio

I do not recall the original post although I remember something about Fresnel lenses earlier, I think this thread started wheb I was off line over Christmas.
The idea seems to be to produce an autostereoscopic image of real objects using the objects in an episcope and fresnel lens. Something I have wanted to try is projecting real objects with an episcope or holograms into smoke screens which should allow different planes to be in focuss. This sort of thing was done in the late 1700,s in the Phantasmagoria shows and they used to project solid objects (puppets) as well so they may have combined the two.  P.J.Homer