Re: Seitz Roundshot and QTVR technique

  • From: Alan Zinn <azinn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Seitz Roundshot and QTVR technique
  • Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 16:58:28 -0800

At 12:38 PM 11/5/1998 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello eveyone,
>
>I'd like to start a discussion about scanning long films from  panoramic
>cameras like the Roundshot 220VR
>and processing them into stitchable files for QTVR.
>
>For scanning I've tried using a Umax PowerLook II flat bed transparency
>scanner and only get MEDICORE results.
>Newton rings are created when the film touches the glass and I would have
>to put the film in some kind of holder. But I'm not happy with the image
>quality of the scans anyway.
>
>I'm wondering if anyone out there scans long their negatives on a Nikon
>LS4500AF scanner. It suppose to
>be capable of handling "panoramic strips".

Jook,
I am also very interested in scanning long negs.  I have been corresponding with
 Eric Fulmer at Professional Graphics Systems & Services Inc. and he has
been very helpful: eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

At this time I am close to deciding on an 1200 x 2000 flat bed. My needs are
only to make small (5 x 24) inkjet prints so I don't need pre-press quality
resolution. I had some negs scanned and have posted the results at my keva
web site below.

AZ
Lookaround Cameras are more fun.

New October Additions at: