Re: Question. Getting pano size from viewer size .

  • From: Alan Zinn <azinn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Question. Getting pano size from viewer size .
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 23:09:36 -0400

At 02:31 AM 8/26/1999 +0200, you wrote:
>I think that for a given viewer window size, there is only a pano size
>to get optimal quality. (Without to take into consideration zoom).
>
>If pano size is greater than needed, we waste bytes and viewer discard pixels,
>in the same way, if pano size is less than needed, viewer inflate pixels.
>
>Is this right? How to calculate this?
>

>Thanks,
>
>Paco Lorente
>fla@xxxxxx

Paco,
Think of it this way - the viewer is at the site in the first place to look
at panoramas so they would perefer to zoom or slide the image rather than
see a small image.  I am counting on this anyway.  I think part of the idea
of some long pan images is to look at them a bit at a time.

AZ
See new panoramic color work for July/August.
http://www.keva.com/lookaround
Also at Cafe Society Gallery:
http://www.curdev.hull.ac.uk/root/cafe/cafegal.htm