Re: Kodak 8" CIRKUT FILM

  • From: Andy Buck <buckwiet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Kodak 8" CIRKUT FILM
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 12:49:30 -0800 (PST)

OK. So you cut it in half and have an 'open' end, i.e.
no flange, which means you keed it under wraps till
you load it. What do you wind it onto? Previously cut
half spools? And unload in the dark (since it probably
doesn't get wound that tight)? By wide blade you mean
what? I would think it would have to be very deep
steep V to cut through the film and spool shaft
without damaging the outer layers of film, right?
Probably stupid questions...

BTW, I tried a roll of Film for Classics 103,
theoretically 4" wide but actually 3-11/16", in a
Kodak Panoram 4D. The camera shoots 12" negs. By the
time the leader was around the takeup securely (maybe
1-1/2 winds), there was about 6" film exposed and
there's only 40" on the roll. So, using the numbers on
the backing, I got 2 exposures per roll.

Thanks,
Andy