Re: rise or fall

  • From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: rise or fall
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 17:41:43 +1100

The eye has two lens with no provision for shift - bobbing your head up and
down is as effective as waving the camera around. Shift adjusts perspective
- straightens up a building, widens a river, alters the plane of focus -
point of view shouldn't change and cropping is minor and incidental. Are
you confusing the effect of a shift lens, where there is movement between
lens elements, with the rise and tilt of a view camera where the movement
is between the whole lens and the plane of the film?