Re: Epson Roll Paper Holder

  • From: Alan Zinn <azinn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Epson Roll Paper Holder
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 19:59:02 -0500

At 02:20 PM 3/29/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>The eternal quest for "cheaper" and "archival" will end up with diminishing
>returns. If you want "archival", do dye transfers of something akin to the
>Evercolor method or traditional B&W or alt processes such as platinum, etc.
>
>If you want 'cheap', forget digital printing completely, especially anything
>with any kind of quality, and go with grocery store 35mm film & one hour
>processing.
>
>dan smith

I don't think you have much of a point there Dan. Those of us who make a lot
of images for pleasure, not sales, welcome the relative quality and very
cheap cost of the Epson ink jet type print. If I were passing on whatever
cost to a customer plus a 20% mark-up I would of course go for the highest
quality the customer could swallow.  In the event that one of my hundreds of
one dollar ink jet prints proves to be a hot item I will certainly have
Ilfochromes made:->

AZ

Lookaround Panoramic Cameras and Gallery:
http://www.keva.com/lookaround

New images for feb/march at:
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Gallery/8874/

Panorama workshop 4/28-4/30