This is not a boxing ring

  • From: IAPPPresident@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: This is not a boxing ring
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 02:50:30 -0500 (EST)

Here's a copy of my reply to Bob Erickson which I thought I'd sent to the
list.

Meanwhile, we IAPPers are having a very successful and lovely convention.
The new equipment demos were fantastic, Will Landon had a stunning bit of
70mm film he'd made into a continuously passing strip slide show called In
the Beginning . . just gorgeous.  Ron Klein won the Mine's Bigger Than Yours
non-contest by showing a um, what was it . . a 22 inch Cirkut camera he'd
found, and a 24" Cirkut Camera he's been making.  Oh wow.  Gerry French did a
great slide show about photographing the wine country.  The room's been
packed with 75 people most of the time, and the trade show was abuzzzzz over
all the good stuff on show . . .Panoscan, Spheron, Spinpic, RealViz,
Panoptic, Roundshot, Fuji, Kodak, Art Leather,  et. al.  Cliff Crutchfield's
wife Jan Simone is offering massage - 4 sessions a day, and she's booked full
for nearly the whole convention!!!  And the dinners people have been having
in Napa . . . we're all booked for the fat farm afterwards.  Well, I've got
to get up for the breakfast Fuji is treating to in the morning . . .
Goodnight, folks!

Subj:   Re: IAPP not for me!