Re: This is not a boxing ring....Overexposure question

  • From: simonwide <simonwide@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: This is not a boxing ring....Overexposure question
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 21:45:09 +0000

dear skip- at an early time in my panoramic career which i had cyclopan p.o.s model which worked inconsistently with six hasselblad lenses i thought that I had it resolved.; this'd be '72-'73. i knew that hasselblad had announced a lens with meter controlled (ap.) exposure meter atop.before i'd try to ot light the sun outdoors i'd consider patching a over/under pair of transparencies.since i only know cyclopan, cirama, and hulcherama i will speak about hulcherama which is based on shortcomings of first named two. daylight: slowest film you could buy in 120 was 50asa and on e4 stock the inner guide told you truer, tested speed...so we have 40asa, ok...sometimes. hulcherama has slow turn speeds for low light....BUT...YOU CAN EVEN THINGS OUT WITH A HAND HELD ND  GEL FOR INTO SUN PART OF THE PAN...THE SLOWER THE ROTATION BETTER TO MATCH CAMERA'S TURN. THIS HAS BEEN REFINED BY SIMON IN LATER USAGE. stock model cyclopan too fast..simon nathan

skip crawford wrote:

or do like movie makers and buy a couple of million dollars worth of fill light
skip