Re: File Naming Schema

belial wrote:

> Maybe it sound archaic but it seem that you can use "ren" command in the DOS
> prompt (that's the simplest - at least 4 me - and doesn't require any
> software)

How would you rename files using 'ren' in DOS so that the files are
numbered using an increment of 5 while date and time have to be in the
filename itself and every file starts with 'pan' and the files to be
renamed and the numeric part of the file name should start with a
given number which is 5 higher than the files already on disk.
Besides the demand that all files have to be renamed except for the
files of which the current filename start with the letters 'raw'?

;-)

Pie (not free though like Lupas Rename is) at http://www.picmeta.com/
can also rename using extracted picture information but afaik it does
not have the vast capabilities of Lupas Rename when it comes to
renaming according to certain rules.

Frank

--
         Frank van der Pol Digitale Fotografie voor Multimedia
     Digitale catalogi - Slideshows - VR objects/panorama's/scenes