Cirkut lenses

  • From: Clayton Tume <tume@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Cirkut lenses
  • Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 10:23:56 +1200

Interesting  project Dick.......I've just done a reshoot with my Cirkut
camera of a 1920's photo taken 5 minutes walk from my house, it's going to
be used in an exhibition later this month at our National Library.....the
library has a Cirkut negative collection of over 2500 images.

 In answer to your lens question I can give you these straight out of a 1920
Eastman Kodak catalogue.

 #5    6 1/4, 11, 14

 #6 outfit    7 1/2, 12, 18

 #8 outfit    10 1/2, 18, 24

 #10    10 1/2, 18, 24

 #16    15, 24, 36

 you are correct in stating double convertibles were also offered, my
catalogue doesn't list them but I've seen them listed in Cirkut operating
manuals.

Film....I do have a junk roll you can have, it's cut down aerial film....I
use it for testing the mechanism. I don't have any spare 8" spools, but sure
would like some.......leaders.....I make my own from black paper bought from
an arts supply, I make them longer than Kodaks and from heavier paper, they
work better than the proper ones, I have less problem with burnt edges from
light leaks.

Clayton

 > I'm in the planning stages for a rephotography project of Cirkut photos
 > of local historical interest. I've been in contact with the state
 > historical society and will be evaluating their collection in the near
future.