5" FILM SPOOLING PROBLEM

  • From: Andy Buck <buckwiet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: 5" FILM SPOOLING PROBLEM
  • Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 07:41:32 -0700 (PDT)

I've bought some 5" b&w film from Film for Classics.
They spooled it onto 5" spools that I supplied made
from cut down 10" Cirkut spools. They were very
carefully measured to 5" width. The film is exactly 5"
wide, yet - due to no fault of FforC, I believe - I'm
getting extremely bad flare/light leaks coming in from
the edges. Only about 1" is not destroyed. The camera
is winding the film tight, as tight as it comes.

Any suggetions as to how to stop this?

Thanks!
Andy