Re: [photo-3d] Re: 3d vision again

  • From: Herbert C Maxey <bmaxey1@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [photo-3d] Re: 3d vision again
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 00:56:41 -0600

>>Actually, the moment you are born you don't see 3-D. You
>>don't even see 2-D very well either! Surprisingly, the brain is
>>not hardwired at birth for (clear) vision. It is a learned trait, that
>>takes many months (if not years) of actual brain development,
>>before an infant can see well and make any sense of the
>>chaotic imagery around them.

I would like to know where the data comes from. Please point me in a
direction. I still maintain that the ability to view 3D is one of natures
miracles and I would go so far as to say that NOT being able to see 3D is
extremely rare.

One thing I find interesting is how much stereo vision might vary from
person to person. For lack of a technical term, do some of us see stereo
at 100%, some at 95%, some at 96%.... I would bet that there are
differences.

I think there is indeed some time required for the brain and eyes to work
together, but still, it would surprise me to learn, as one poster posted,
that we do not see 3D from the beginning. I think we do.

Again, is there some information out there about this subject?

Bob