S3D Re: priority mail woes

  • From: "Andrea S. Blair" <asblair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: S3D Re: priority mail woes
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 22:41:58 -0700

UPS and Fed Ex are usually better choices for packages. An alternative with
the U.S. Postal Service is to use a service that has some tracking
capabilities. Two-day Priority alone does not have any paperwork for
tracking, but there is a new service where you can buy a tracking number for
an additional charge. This is a bar code that is scanned. My understanding
is that you can track your package via the internet on the USPS site.
Overnight mail has paperwork with it, but is more expensive of course. You
can also ask for other services, such as registered or insured (which you
can at least get some money back with), that are also recorded by USPS. Hope
this helps (for next time). Good luck recovering your viewer. I am still
waiting for a box of slides (most labeled with names and addresses) from
about 9 years ago. It never made it from Virginia to Maryland.  {:>(

Andrea Blair