[sell-3d] Re : Polls

Hello all 3D/Stereo lovers of which I've learned lots of
things over the past years,

I started a poll some time ago for the following reasons :

- It's a (free) option of Onelist/eGroups. Anybody can start
  one. I don't think it's a matter of the moderators (or am
  I wrong again as so often has happened in the past ?)

- I think all those 'extra' information in Photo-3D and Sell-3D
  becomes slightly irritating (at least for me).

  All those, most of the time, complete quotes from previous
  posts which are quoted over and over again (as a whole).
  I've even seen repetitions of complete digests in the past
  with only one or two lines of comment as 'value added info'.
  Even the moderators have noticed this and 'acted' against it.

  Is <snip> uncommon to us nowadays ? Forgotten word ?

  All the 'LOW RATE, NO WAIT! Get a NextCard Visa, in 30
  seconds!' references repeated over and over again.

  The 'YOU'RE PAYING TOO MUCH FOR THE INTERNET!'
  messages, scattered all over the posts.

  Do you YAHOO ? NO I'm definitely not !
  Is this one of the legacies of 'Free Internet' again ?

  The repeated long lines of underscores (________________) in
  every post/digest.
  Are they really neccesary ? Or are they part of the job in
  'Onelist' ?

That's the reason why I combined FOUR questions in ONE poll.
Because it's all the same sort of cluttering. Apologies if I
am the only person who takes offence. In that case, forget
about it !

I appreciate it very much if someone is kidding me (Photo-3D
#48) with another poll, but I'm sure I didn't see any :<) :<)
So what's up here ? Tried to be funny ? Lots of success of
course without knowing what it's all about Abram 8<)

I'm editing each and every digest before I put it back on my
harddisk just to get rid of all this waste. It only costs me
space on my harddisk I can use better for other purposes.

And don't tell me that this doesn't matter because harddisks
are so cheap nowadays. Don't forget the listers who get their
posts/digests via (slow) modems and those who don't own big
Pentium III 600Mhz systems with 20Gb harddisks and a 128k
or faster connection to the internet. Don't be funny again.
I've seen lots of people who can't afford more/better hardware
than they have at the moment and we all have to take all those
wonderful, contributing, list members into account.

I've put examples in the file areas of Photo-3D and Sell-3D.
Please have a look and see for yourself. You'll find the
original Sell-3D digest #14 there (s3d14.org). It's 17,603
bytes long. After I've edited out all the 'real rubbish', there
is only 8,847 bytes left (s3d14.new). So up to almost 50% of
what we see in the posts/digests is not relevant at all !
Maybe this is an extreme example but it's way too much when
you come to think of it ! Don't worry, I'll remove the files
in a week or so avoiding the misuse of valuable bandwith.

| Please, don't overreact. I don't want to start flames of any |
| kind. I don't attack any of you personally. It just worries  |
| me because it seems to grow worse over time.                 |
| Especially since we made the switch to Onelist ?!            |

I'll close the poll ASAP and I don't want to fatigue you with
the results, taken the reactions into account.

Forgive me my bad use of the English language. I'm not a 'native
speaker' (If that counts in as an apology)

I think I'll withdraw for a while. Maybe I've been too saucy.

Cheers,

Peter 'Back to lurking mode for the time coming' in GouDDDa
The Netherlands

Corbis.com: custom calendars and cards.
It's Easy, it's Fun, best of all, it's Free.