Re: [sell-3d] New Billpoint/ebay features

  • From: Sid Herbage <sherbage2201@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [sell-3d] New Billpoint/ebay features
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 10:00:14 -0500

Here it is again, George - what I mentioned to you
before after my conversation with ebay.

They told me they actively condone the practice of sellers making
a side deal with a bidder (or third party) *while an auction is in
progress* and whether or not the seller's reserve price has been
met at that time. To me this stinks and is grossly unfair to other,
good faith, bidders. (I presume ebay still gets its cut). Seller can
also withdraw their offering without giving a reason and without
penalty or sanction from ebay (except ebay's cut).

However, when I asked whether it was still ebay's contention that
a bidder's bid was binding once placed they confirmed that it was
... evn though the seller's offering is not binding.

ebay has different standard for buyers and sellers.

At 10:11 PM 11/9/00 -0500, Dr. T wrote:

>INSTANT PURCHASE & BUY IT NOW!
>
>eBay will be introducing a new feature called in Buy It
>Now in mid-November. Buy It Now offers sellers the option
>to sell an item instantly to the first buyer who meets their
>specified price and buyers the option to buy an item
>instantly, without waiting for the listing to end.
>Billpoint's Instant Purchase feature is integrated into
>Buy It Now to offer buyers and sellers instant payment
>convenience. So don't forget to check the Instant Purchase
>payment option when you list with Buy It Now. Click here to
>learn more about Buy It Now. Click here to learn more about
>Instant Purchase.

eLerts