[sell-3d] Stereo Realists and viewers for sale

  • From: "Dr. George A. Themelis" <drt-3d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [sell-3d] Stereo Realists and viewers for sale
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 06:12:56 -0500

It's been a productive holiday weekend for me...
I have worked in several Stereo Realists cameras
and red button viewers, for sale.

The following Stereo Realist camera have been fully
reconditioned by myself.  This service includes:
- Cleaning of lenses, viewfinder, rangefinder windows
- Check/adjustment of focus if needed.
- Check/adjustment of rangefinder if needed
- Lubrication of critical parts
- Check for proper flash operation
- Installation of light trap to prevent light leaks.

My charge for this service (which I could do to your
Stereo Realist) is $50 so please have this in mind when
you compare my prices with these of the "unknown dealer"
or sales in ebay.

The cameras are sold with 60 days warranty.  You can return
the camera for any reason in the first 60 days if not
fully satisfied.

Here is what I have available in terms of cameras.  These
are the top of the crop of my inventory.

- Ilex Realist, Serial number 761.  Yeap, that's correct!
  The serial number is under 1000.  This is one of the first
  Stereo Realists ever made.  It is in beautiful condition.
  It looks practically unused with bright pickup spool and
  no raised parts due to corrosion of brass screws.
  Asking price for this beauty: $225

- Late Realist 3.5.  Serial number 003733, stamped on the
  side.  Has double exposure prevention and newer film
  advance system.  It is sharp!  Asking price: $175

- Latest Realist 3.5 with "Germany" lenses.  These are the
  latest Realist cameras.  Serial number is 020090 marked
  at the bottom (note, there is no "A" in front) which
  corresponds to about 120,000 SN, out of about 125,000
  Realists produced.  In addition to all the later features
  like DOE prevention and newer film advance, it also has
  a textured shutter release button and knobs marked
  "Wind" and "Rewind".  It is a beautiful shape but has two
  "features":  Dim VF mirror and the T does not work (works
  like a B).  Now I have seen the same "features" in other
  German Realists that had gone through my hands that's why
  I call them features and not problems.  I am sure Zak
  could replace the View Finder mirror and fix the T, but
  the camera can be used as-is with no problem.  This is
  one of the sharpest Realist ever gone through my hands!
  Asking price for this baby: $225

I also have Realist red button viewers for sale.  These
are enlarged for 8p viewing (they will show the widest
RBT stereo mount, 33mm wide).  My price for these viewers
range from $100 (repaired crack) to $175 (mint).

Please contact me if you are interested in any of these.
(Hitting reply will get the reply to me, not the list)

Thank you,

George Themelis