T3D Rear-Projection Stereo- Why Not LCS?

  • From: Bill Davis <bd3d@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: T3D Rear-Projection Stereo- Why Not LCS?
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 00:24:08 -0500

The biggest problem finding appropriate screen material for rear-projection
stereo is the need for a non-depolarization, as has been said many times.
If this requirement were eliminated, you'd have an enormous selection,
including flexible, tinted, wide angle, even materials in the dollar per
square foot range.

Couldn't I yank the polarizers from the projection system and just place a
set of LCS panels in there?

If I had a high speed (100+ mhz) driver for my LCS glasses system, there
would be no flicker, right?

Can LCS panels like those found in VRex headgear survive in the light path
of a projection system such as the 500 watt TDC 116 or 300 watt
Project-or-View?

Has anyone done this retrofit on an older slide projector?

Why the hell do I ask so many questions?

Best regards,
Bill Davis
mailto:bd3d@xxxxxxxxxxxxx