T3D Re: T3D custom lenses for viewers

  • From: jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Gabriel Jacob)
  • Subject: T3D Re: T3D custom lenses for viewers
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 22:27:04 -0500 (EST)

>> As far as I know, you need to view on-axis in any normal
>> eyepiece.
>
>The Star D has no IPD adjustment and it works fine with
>a simple lens albeit non-ortho at 50 mm.  The V-M is also
>fixed at 65 mm.

That may be the problem. Since the Star D has no IPD adjustment
it's hard to see what effect viewing ON vs. OFF axis has.
If you were to take the lenses of the Star D or any simple
element lens and vary the IPD you'll notice chromatic abberations
quite readily.

But then again you're talking about designing a multi-element
lens so this won't be near as much a problem.

Gabriel