T3D confused (again)

Bob Said:
>>>... To my way of thinking, there it really
>does not make any difference at all if single lens cameras or Stereo
>Cameras are used.
>

>The Reply:

The difference here is that a single lens stereo isn't missing all the
>information that's between the lenses of a dual lens camera. With an SL3D
>set-up you can, for instance, be looking down a soda straw and get 3D.

So what is missing between the lenses of a dual lens camera? Forgive me,
perhaps I am slow. If I take a photograph with my Stereo Realist and a
photograph using my slide bar with my M3, I am going to achieve about the
same thing. Ignoring, naturally the slight differences between lenses, and
film, exposure, lighting and providing that the subject is the same. The
reply is a bit confusing to me. What possible information do you consider
missing?

Do not loose sight of the fact that with ANY stereo camera, all you are
talking about is a device that acts as 2 separate cameras. The difference
is you are taking both photographs at the same time, with a set separation
between lenses. The exact same image can be captured with a conventional
camera and a slide bar. There is no difference.

Also consider dual camera rigs. They are essentially the same thing as a
purpose built stereo camera. Aren't they? So, again I ask you to indulge me
and tell me the differences. If you are seeing cardboarding, it is
something else and has nothing to due with the camera.

RM