T3D Re: The Themelis modification

  • From: fj834@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Dr. George A. Themelis)
  • Subject: T3D Re: The Themelis modification
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 11:32:58 -0400 (EDT)

>I've added the Themelis column which gives the remaining
>usable film width assuming a film gate of 34 mm width.  Shocking how
>often this is the _real_ limitation!

Depends on what kind of pictures you take.  I like macro shots (0.5 to
1.0 x magnification) of subjects with textures and little depth.  Things
like coins, food items (cerials, noodles, fruits, bread). These items
in close ups show a fascinating detail that is revealed via stereo
photography.  By nature these subjects shot straight down (so that the
depth comes only from the texture) have very little depth...

My only problem with these pictures is exactly the usuable film width.

George Themelis