T3D Mailing lists

  • From: abram klooswyk <abram.klooswyk@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: T3D Mailing lists
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 15:20:56 +0200

On P3d there is a discussion on a newly announced mailing list.

Marvin Jones wrote (P3D Digest 3266, 29 Mar 1999):
>I belong to the technical list, for instance, and every week or so when
>I get a digest with one or two tiny little messages, I wonder just why
>it was so vitally necessary to segregate this paltry little dollop from
>the rest of the list, and just how the subscribers to the main list
>would be compromised by being exposed to this information.

I support the appeal for un-fragmentation.

Apart from reading e-mail I also subscribe to a daily, printed
newspaper. Often I read less than 10% of it, but I wouldn't like it to
fall apart in different newspapers for local, international, film, art,
science, economic etc news. I read all of those sections _sometimes_.
Mostly I ignore many newspaper sections, and on Photo-3D I also ignored
the long thread on "e-bay", and the "Underexposure of Nimslo in
daylight".

On Sell-3D "FS" means "for sale" and WTB "want to buy".
A subject on P3D starting with "RBT X3 Flash" would be clear to me,
and "TECH - color temp and greyscale linearity" would herald a
subject some would like to skip. So I have nothing against
merging the lists. The Digest-form is comparable to a newspaper.

New.3D.Film.Gear is described as: "a discussion forum on new and
modern purpose-built 3d photographic film equipment designed for the
serious stereographic amateur and professional."
If P3D and T3D both are to stay, I cannot see why "New.3D.Film.Gear"
would not fit in the T3D list.

Abram Klooswyk

End of TECH-3D Digest 468