T3D Re: What's this?

  • From: Sid Herbage <sid@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: T3D Re: What's this?
  • Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 17:19:08 -0400

At 04:17 PM 4/8/99 -0400, Bob Weir wrote:
(re Photomodeler Lite)

>Sid (or anyone else) - have you used it? I'd be curious to know if two photos
>in, say, Realist format would provide you enough common points to
>be able to come up with a model (or maybe even two sides of a
>stereoview...).

... er .... I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't used it yet. However, the
guidelines for its use say to take at least 3 photographs at 90 deg intervals
and of those, to use a maximum of 4 for the initial modelling. Other
photographs would then be used if needed (depending on the complexity
of the subject, I guess)..

It's hard to see that two views would be enough for a solid model (one that
can be rotated) particularly with only a slight difference in viewpoint
between
the two views. Possibly, if it were a real simple object (say a cube) and/or
some significant assumptions were made.
... sid (sid@xxxxxxxxxx)

End of TECH-3D Digest 474