T3D 30:1=~75"

  • From: John Toeppen <toeppen@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: T3D 30:1=~75"
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 21:49:22 -0700

If one's eyes were 2 1/2 inches apart, a 30:1 rule would place the
object at 30 x 2.5"= 75" , about 7', or 2 meters.  My keyboard is also
at a comfortable 3D distance of 15" or so: a 6:1. What is better 3D?
What if the subject is a rose, or an airplane?

I often shoot three or more shots to make a single hyper pair.  Or three
or more to shoot a macro.  I am sure that the ideal tilt in an
electron-microscope image depends on the depth of the texture of the
surface and the purpose of the image. But we all know that you have to
try it to really know.......

Are we trying to make an art out of a science or a science out of an art
here?  Yes to both?

John Toeppen
http://members.home.net/toeppen