T3D Stereo Philosophy (was: twins)

  • From: fj834@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Dr. George A. Themelis)
  • Subject: T3D Stereo Philosophy (was: twins)
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 10:07:40 -0400 (EDT)

>But I have a simple theory.  Equipment is secondary.  Prime photos are
>primary.  Spend your money on going places to take photos, and on film
>and processing.  Use any good cameras and the best used lenses that you
>can buy.  The old Pentax threaded lenses and bodies are often an
>exceptional value and don't even require a working meter or batteries.
>My experiences lead me to believe that there is a word that usually
>applies to used automatic cameras "broken".

I am sorry but your theories make little sense... Equipment is
secondary and use good cameras and the best lenses you can buy?
If equipment is secondary, why use the best lenses (which are usually
more expensive?)

Spend your money on going places and equipment is secondary?
You can spend a lot of money going to places and then find
that you brought the wrong equipment for the job or the place.

Prime photos are primary?  What does that mean?

Automatic cameras have their place in the world of photography.
That's what I have learned from the RBT S1.  There are pictures
that I would have not taken with a manual camera.  I am willing
to pay for the repairs as long as this camera allows me to
take pictures that I enjoy.

George Themelis

End of TECH-3D Digest 509