T3D Re: anonymous posting to Tech-32

  • From: Bob_Maxey@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: T3D Re: anonymous posting to Tech-32
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 12:24:39 -0600

>>>We can make a rule that anyone posting or joining this list must not
hide
>>>under anonymity. We aren't bound by any Internet ethic-- tech-3d makes
the
>>rules. Play or dont. Then it's clear. People can say who they are or they
>>can choose to stay the hell out. Real simple.  The moderator can just
wipe
>>their address and block any attempts to join via an anonymizer account.
>>And we don't have to listen to all this nonsense.
>>
>>I propose that anonymous postings/posters not be allowed on this list. I
>>propost that all anonymous registrations to this list be immediately and
>>unilaterally terminated by the list moderators.

I propose that it stays the way it is now. There are not that many and
quite frankly, a massive thread, completely apart from the purpose of this
list has formed. If I post anonymously and get kicked off, all I have to do
is sign-up using any number of other accounts. I think that if you make it
a rule, this will be enough to cause trouble makers to break it. The best
way to get someone to do something is tell them that they can't do
something.

Regards,

RM