T3D CD ROM Lifespan

Eric Goldstein wrote:

> Also John, how archival do you feel CDs are? I think the tech specs I've
> seen place their dependible life somewhere around 10-15 years...

Kodak claims much longer life than 10 or 15 years.
The following quote is from their web site.

Cliff Howard

http://www.kodak.com/US/en/digital/techInfo/permanence.shtml

CD Permanence in Perspective

"CDs in general last longer than other digital storage media.
Under accelerated test conditions, Kodak writable CD products
have a projected life expectancy of more than 200 years when
stored appropriately."

"Many CD-ROM discs can be expected to have 100 years of life,
or more, under similar circumstances."