T3D Re: CD ROM Lifespan

This is an interesting question. I think the jury is out still on how long
these things last. Many experts believe that there could be problems down
the road. It is interesting to note that vinyl records are the preferred
archival storage medium of many serious music collectors. I have heard
people say that they are glad tape and CDs were not around in the early
days because the music would quite possibly have  been lost.

RM