T3D Re: CD ROM Lifespan

  • From: Gabriel Jacob <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: T3D Re: CD ROM Lifespan
  • Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 23:36:56 -0400

I read an interesting tidbit in a computer newspaper that
stated the lifespan of recordable CD-Rom's as 100 years
for the gold color CD's (such as the ones Kodak makes),
50 years for the blue color CD's, and only 20 years for
the green ones! Some manufacturers state there is no
difference in the CD player reading the disks but
obviously they left out an important criteria that the
consumer would find important. I guess Kodak is the
kodachrome of CD's! ;-)

Gabriel

End of TECH-3D Digest 526