T3D Re: archival mediums?

>>However I agree that it was interesting.  To
>>me it was like trying to make a wax cylinder video disk, a curious
>>combination of old and new technology.  A "high-tech" product with
>>nostalgia appeal when released.  :-)

It is interesting you mentioned old and new combined technology. There is a
turntable that instead of using a needle in a cartridge, a laser was used
to read the grooves. There was also a device that you placed a cassette in
that used a cutter to cut wax Edison cylinders. I thought both were
interesting because I have several Edison Players and a large collection of
records.

Speaking of old technology... It's coming back.

RM

End of TECH-3D Digest 534