T3D Re: Storage

  • From: "Greg Wageman" <gjw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: T3D Re: Storage
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 11:12:30 -0700

From: Oliver Dean <3d-image@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>I'll certainly drink to that!  I'm one of those who got beguiled by the
>Syquest Syjet removable 1.5 GB drive -- now I could store and back up
>those huge high-resolution stereo files I planned on creating!  Only
>recently, when I tried to buy some more Syjet cartridges, did I find
>that Syquest had gone out of business and NOBODY had any more
>cartridges!

The SyQuest patents and IP rights were bought by Iomega.  As far as I
can tell, they are not currently producing new media, and I don't know
if they plan to in the future.

However, you'll be pleased to know that you can indeed buy additional,
new cartridges.  I purchased three more for my SyJet drive in late June.
They are priced at $79.99 each.  This appears to be a well-kept secret.
Shhh! :-)

They are available from:

Syquest Service Group
44131 Nobel Dr.