T3D Re: approximations

>The differences between data files and image data has been size.  Size
>doesn't matter if your drive is sufficient.  Or, so I've heard.
>
>John Toeppen

Something for the future - HP (in association with some other
companies) is working on terrabyte solid state non-volitile storage
devices (or so I've heard).

If/when this happens, it will mean a true revolution in a number
of storage intensive applications (like archival image storage).

It's apparently not *that* far out on the timeline - I've heard
2002, 2005, ...

Thanks!

              Bob Wier
     mailto:wier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   9:41 PM Friday, August 27, 1999
        Unix/Internet Administrator
   Rocky Mountain College, Billings MT.
 keeper of the Photo-3d and Overland-Trails
mailing lists and the USA GPS Waypoint server