T3D crystal balls are 3D

  • From: John Toeppen <toeppen@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: T3D crystal balls are 3D
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 21:55:15 -0700

..aircraft speeds w... landing men on the moon.  In order for computer
> storage technology to grow exponentially the knowledge about such
> technologies has to grow at least that fast.

Fortunately, our aircraft don't crash daily.

Film has remarkable properties.  Holography requires submicron
resolutions and special film. CCD pixels are typically 10 microns
across.  Film is produced in a reel to reel process (web) and is
processed in the same way.  Similar to printing.  Chips will be produced
this way out of organic materials and could be stored in a roll.  This
will be cheap in a few decades. But film will still hold a market or two
for a long time.

But as displays get larger, sharper, and flatter people will prefer to
view most all of their images that way.  Even our stereos.  HDTV will
certainly allow the bandwidth.

Someone somewhere knowing something useful may do you not good if you
can't get at the information.  The level of connectedness can enhance
the availability of useful information.  How is it measured??? Neither
by the pound nor the kilo...synergistic summations are nonlinear
metaphors and are literally lifestyle changers.

What is the payoff for 3d?  Big time.  This is how we see the world.
People want to experience the world by having it delivered to their
senses.  Those on this list want to capture the world to deliver it -
for themselves and others.  Most of us want it both ways. Now.

Let me give you and example:

http://members.home.net/toeppen/bills99.htm  DepthCharged

and

http://members.home.net/toeppen/bills99.jpg    as a JPG

Shot on film for electronic output - hey it's only '99!  Why wait for
the future? its coming to us!

John Toeppen

BTW (e.g., how to build pyramids without the wheel, various trade
secrets of the medieval guilds) The wheel was one of the secrets of
building the pyramids - it was used in measurement. The other trick was
that they used concrete and not solid limestone.  If we understand our
past the future becomes better.