T3D Re: TECH-3D digest 531

  • From: Michael Kersenbrock <michaelk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: T3D Re: TECH-3D digest 531
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 21:21:25 -0700

Brian Reynolds wrote:

> Actually the new techonolgies are driving both the increase in
> knowledge about old technologies (e.g., doing MRI scans of ancient
> mummies and artifacts), and the ease of publication brought about by
> new technologies (both the web and the ability to self-publish) is
> leading people to get the research they are doing about older
> technologies out to more people.

Thanks for the interesting comments.  The comment above, however,
is more about distribution of knowledge than creation.  Certainly,
my web site contains zero new knowledge,  and it only distributes what
little exists on it.  :-)

The ability to distribute knowledge is needed to be able to store it,
and  some of the notion that total knowledge is
skyrocketing may be the improved distribution of knowledge
rather than necessarily an increased "generation rate" (although
the generated "Connections"  can help things along).

Anyway, back to Tech-3D.  What is the optical framistat differential
for various inter-occular's and does it vary between species?.....

Mike K.