T3D Med. format pinhole stereo camera

  • From: Rod Sage <rsage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: T3D Med. format pinhole stereo camera
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 23:22:02 -0600

>I tried out a "glue-to-gether" med frmt pinhole camera the other week.
>I enjoyed the results.  I was thinking about building my own with wood.

> The construction of the cardboard one I purchaced seemed pretty strait

>forward.  I can also look on pin hole pages for info.  The reason I
>bring it up here is that I was wondering if I would need a septum or
>not?

>Lincoln
>www.lincoln3d.com

Is this similar to the pinhole camera you are talking about? However I
don't believe this one required glue. I haven't used this one for awhile
but it made some interresting pics. If your is different and available,
please clue us in.
http://www.antiques-southwest.com/cgi-bin/dynipage/showgr.pl?sage~swissst

I'm sure all stereo cameras require a septum unless you are sure the
image circles do not overlap.  An idea for a very easy stereo pinhole is
to find an old bellows type camera which takes 120 film (6x9 format) and
rip off the bellows, lens etc., mount a double box on the front in what
ever focal length you want, and install pinholes and a simple shutter.
Presto!
RDS