T3D Re: Viewer lense focal length

  • From: George Themelis <gthemelis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: T3D Re: Viewer lense focal length
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 13:12:54 -0600

I think the correct spelling is "lens" not "lense".  To the
point now:

>I believe my viewer has 45MM lenses

Your viewer (Brumberger) has 50mm lenses.

> Aparently Realist, Revere and other makers of viewers never
> read that book.

I am sure they never read it because the book was written after
they made their viewers.  I am also quite sure that they knew
that for ortho stereo the viewer FL must match the camera FL
but, as you have been advised, it is near impossible to make
affordable lenses with such short FL and wide enough field of
view to cover the Realist format.

> Does anyone know of a realist viewer with 35MM lenses?

I think the Realist "Gold button" has 35mm lenses.

> Perhaps this is why the Euro format cameras with longer focal
> lengths are so wanted.

Who told you that?

=====
George Themelis (DrT-3d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)