T3D Re: Realist's price

  • From: Bob Wier <wier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: T3D Re: Realist's price
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 12:36:59 -0700

>Excuse me if I do not go through previous discussion on Tech3D which
>already dealed with similar subjects.  Allow me to ask for help:  How
>much ($ xxx,xx) would cost the equipment and where can I find on the web
>
>some examples of anaglyphs made with a Realist as to know:  if you pay $
>xxx,xx , you get this.
>
>Yours,
>
>José
>
><lunazzi@xxxx>
><http://i.am/lunazzi>

Well, to avoid silver based technology completely, you could go
with two Nikon 950's (I think those are 2.1 megapixel) with
100mb+ memory cards - figure $1200 each on the US market.

I wonder if anyone out in Photo-3d land has tried this -
such things as being able to mount it/them to get proper
inter-ocular spacing (given it's rather strange form factor)
and synchronization would be considerations. For max quality,
I'd certainly go for a system that would save in non-compressed
formats (such as TIFF or PNG).

--BW

              Bob Wier
     mailto:wier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   12:36 PM Tuesday, January 18, 2000
        Unix/Internet Administrator
   Rocky Mountain College, Billings MT.
 keeper of the Photo-3d and Overland-Trails
mailing lists and the USA GPS Waypoint server