[tech-3d] RE: Different F.L.s, "orthoscopic"

  • From: Abram Klooswyk <abram.klooswyk@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: [tech-3d] RE: Different F.L.s, "orthoscopic"
  • Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 19:44:29 +0100

David  siggyblue:
> What do you mean by ortho?
Chuck  cfholzner:
>Orthoscopic.  Objects in the viewer look to be the same size and distance
>from you as they did when you were at the sight taking the picture.

Note from the terminology police (:-))

Quotes from the I.S.U. glossary, published by in the September
2000
issue of  "Stereoscopy":

orthoscopic image  -
A stereoscopic image viewed with its planes of depth in proper
sequence, as opposed to an inverse (or pseudo) stereoscopic
image.

orthostereoscopic image  -
An image which appears to be correctly spaced as in the original
view.
<<

This usage of "orthoscopic" as the opposite of pseudoscopic and
of
"orthostereoscopic" in the sense meant by Chuck dates back to the
nineteenth century. Please stick to these terms :-)

Abram Klooswyk

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details