[tech-3d] Re: "ortho" digression

  • From: abram.klooswyk@xxxxxx
  • Subject: [tech-3d] Re: "ortho" digression
  • Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 13:01:06 -0000

Yes, Bruce, "tautomorphic" is another term from the ISU
glossary wich has a long history, but I didn't want to
digress too much (this time, that is ...).

John Toeppen on "orthoscopic":
>I think that this term was used pertaining to map making and
>the process of "orthorectification"  Making it all "right".

Quite possibly map makers also have used the term, but the
dictionary term _does_ mean elimination of the curvature of
field, I didn't quote all of the definitions :-).
Also, many web sites refer to the use in optics of the term.

Abram Klooswyk

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details