[tech-3d] holographic screen?? (was: fresnels & episcopes)

  • From: "sergio baldissara" <bobongo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [tech-3d] holographic screen?? (was: fresnels & episcopes)
  • Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 13:44:24 +0100

I confess I can hardly understand what you (& other AA) mean by "holographic
screen"...
do you think one of these gratings could do the job?
http://www.edmundscientific.com/Products/DisplayProduct.cfm?productid=1149
http://www.edmundscientific.com/Products/DisplayProduct.cfm?productid=1146
THANKS!
Sergio
From: lunazzi <lunazzi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: fresnels & episcopes

It is then when a holographic screen (15 cm wide and 30 cm tall, 30 degrees
mean
diffraction angle) of my own allowed to see in a wider field of view,  being
confortable to the observer.

The diffraction effect affects the sharpness of the image in a similar way
than
it happens
in a white light holographic image: spectral blurring proportional to the
distance image-screen.
It affects the color also, loosing some fidelity.

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details