[tech-3d] 3d shutter glasses / mac / VR-joy

  • From: boris@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [tech-3d] 3d shutter glasses / mac / VR-joy
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 13:14:19 -0500

Jeff Ahn at VR Standard corp. replied to my question on MAC and 3d display.

>However, you can use VRJoy with Mac as long as the Mac has 15pin VGA
>output(I think PowerMac series has it). Only you have to do is making an
>"Interlaced image".

Thank you for this is very valuable information.

Do the VR-joy glasses come with software that can take stereo pair stills
(either as a single file or as a pair of files) and display them interlaced
on the Mac monitor?  (VREX Depthcharge does this on the PC side, but not on
Mac).

If I understand this correctly, the VR-joy glasses need only to read the
signal going to the monitor to synch up properly?  I assume you have some
kind of a splitter plug?  That would be fine, but does the mac still need a
driver software to put this interlaced format on the screen?

Boris

©2001 Boris Starosta, stereographer   boris@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Dynamic Symmetry, LLC                 http://www.starosta.com
usa - 804 979 3930                    http://www.starosta.com/3dshowcase